Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Vinyl is Back in a big way

Who would have thought it but in the age of MP3's. music streaming services and fast food joints where the  phyiscal record shops used to be,  that vinyl, that dinosuar of music delivery, would make a come back. But would you believe it! Suck my Losin-Dant and frown - the good old twelve incher is ramming its way back into my life.

'Touting its success this Christmas shopping season, Amazon revealed on Monday that its top selling home audio product this year was the Jensen JTA-230 3-Speed Stereo Turntable with Built-in Speakers. While it features a USB port for converting vinyl records to digital, and features an auxiliary input for connecting a digital media player, the No. 1 bestseller is decidedly old school, playing 33, 45 and 78 RPM records with a belt-driven three-speed stereo turntable.

The Jensen turntable outsold Amazon's second-hottest home audio product of the fall of 2015, the Yamaha RX-V677 7.2-channel Wi-Fi Network AV Receiver. Notably, the Yamaha receiver features built-in support for Apple's wireless AirPlay protocol, allowing users to transmit music from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Windows PC.' Apple Insider.



This Christmas saw an unexpected present under Granny's tree - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on vinyl. As soon as I opened it I smiled so wide that my dentures bounced off the cat's head. That'll teach it for snuggling up on my lap. As I held this record, gazed at the cover art and felt the vinyl inside I realised that I'd forgotten the pleasures of a good twelve inches.

Trouble is I don't have a record player!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment